Thursday, December 15, 2011

{the sweetest sound}

Today I had my second prenatal visit! What a joy to hear my sweet Baby's heartbeat for the first time! I shed tears of joy at the first sound of thump, thump, thump! Dr. Winn said the Baby's ticker sounds perfect, which is a HUGE sigh of relief since I am on heart medication!! The heart rate was in the 150 range. Now, if you follow the old wives tales that means a baby girl! Of course, this isn't fool proof, but it is surprisingly accurate! I remember Kayleah and Liora's little heartbeats being in the 150's! Now, don't get me wrong a little boy would be fantastic, but most importantly, I want a healthy Baby.

While listening to Baby's heartbeat I decided that I would go against the norm of society and wait until delivery to find out the Baby's gender. What a HUGE surprise it will be on delivery day for me and those who are walking this journey with me! What are your thoughts on waiting until the grand entrance to find out the gender??

Have I mentioned that I am due on MY BIRTHDAY?!?! That happens in about 1 in 300,000 pregnancies! So, Baby is due to break life's gate on June 29, 2012! Only God could prepare such a beautiful surprise! I truly believe that God has BIG plans for this little babe. Something special is growing perfectly inside of me. Lord Jesus, thank you for trusting me with this precious gift! I will cherish EVERY moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment