Friday, January 6, 2012

{orange you glad I'm 15 weeks?!}

The shock has started to wear off now and I'm getting comfortable with this whole pregnancy thing. Sooo, now what? Thumb twiddling? Finger tapping? I guess I should throw a welcome party for the "waiting game!" Lucky for me, there's always something I can be doing/planning/obsessing over while I'm pregnant! But why not wait on that and just enjoy the peace and quiet?

Wondering what's up with my body, my baby, and my life this week?? Read on...

What I'm thinking:
"Why does this feel like it's going so fast and yet so slow all at the same time?"

My body
My energy may have returned a wee bit but that doesn't mean I'll be hitting the clubs until 4:00 AM every night! With a baby growing inside of me, sleep is one thing I can't go without.

My Baby
Baby is having his/her own party in the amniotic sac he/she calls home! Feeling my Babe banging around there is a really cool part of pregnancy! That is...until I end up with a broken rib from David Beckham Jr.

Baby's head is now resting on a well-formed neck instead of directly on his shoulders like Igor! He's beginning to grow eyebrows and eyelashes this week. (All the better to give me that "Mom, you're crazy" look when he's a teenager!) The hair on the head also begins to grow and, with some creative styling, I'll be able to turn those locks into a Maddox Jolie-Pitt faux-hawk some day!

Although Baby's eyes are sealed shut, he's now able to sense light. His eyes and ears finally look like real baby features now. As my Baby practices sucking and swallowing actions, he may actually hiccup. I know Baby's had too many shots of amniotic fluid by the steady thump-thump I feel!

Over the next month, Baby will grow faster than ever, so I'll be making sure I load up on enough nutritious food and fluids to support Baby's growth. I'll take a Kit Kat, please! Which, oddly enough, is about the size of Baby this week. Not the HUGE Kit Kat you get at the movies, but the size of a standard Kit Kat "finger." You know I've got issues when I start comparing my child's size to a chocolate bar! Sheesh!

My Life
Along with being pregnant comes a little sign on my forehead that reads "sucker." At least that's the way the marketing world sees it. Walk into a mega-baby emporium and I'll be bombarded with 8,000 things I MUST buy for my baby right now! I'm not falling for the propaganda! Experience tells me I'll only need a limited number of basics to make it through the first year. All the shopping doesn't have to be about baby. One pregnancy website suggests that the next time I'm out browsing, make it about me (or at least about somebody besides the Mini). This website gave me permission to buy myself flowers, a new lip gloss, a throw pillow, a macrame hanging plant holder, WHATEVER! As long as it doesn't have yellow duckies on it, it's fair game! I emailed tech support for this website and asked when I should expect my check for said shopping spree, but they never returned my email. Humpff!

This week Baby is the size of a naval orange (which is what I used to calculate my Kit Kat theory)! The average fetus at 15 weeks weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches -- Baby's proportions are becoming even more normal. Baby's legs now out measure her arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment