Sunday, January 15, 2012

{el aguacate}


Funny how everyone who's never been pregnant assumes all the changes I'm going through are just located in my uterus. Nobody mentions the stuffy nose, itchy skin, the sciatica, the emotional outbursts (OK, maybe the emotional outbursts get some unnecessary attention!). I try and remember all of the funky, uncomfortable things my body is doing are leading up to the big payoff of snuggling up my little muffin in just a few months.

Wondering what's up with my body, my baby and my life this week? Read on...

What I am thinking:
I. Only. Have. Five. More. Months. Until. Everything. Changes.

My body:
Contrary to what I may want to believe, no, I do not have a new superpower! Although, it feel like it because I'm able to smell pizza, burnt toast, or pulled-pork sandwiches from miles away! Clearly, living in Texas with a heightened sense of smell is challenging when there is a BBQ pit on every corner! My heightened sense of smell isn't the only trick my nose is doing. I've noticed some nasal congestion, which is waaaaay worse thanks to my faithful winter friend...cedar! And the best part? Nosebleeds!

My Baby:
My Baby is already mugging for the camera as she practices all sorts of facial expressions, such as squinting, yawning and grimacing, which will all come in handy when I introduce her to pureed spinach! Guess what else is happening in utero? I'm trying to prepare for being a new mom again, but I'm actually on the road to being a grandma! DON'T FREAK OUT...keep reading! :) If my Baby is a girl, her uterus is already fully developed and the ovaries already hold primitive eggs! Wow! Does that make me feel about 1,000 years old, or what?

My Baby's skin is still translucent and wrinkly, not unlike an old man's, but more fat will soon accumulate under the dermis to plump her out. If I could peer inside right now, I'd be able to see all of her veins under her skin. And speaking of veins, her heart pumps about 25 quarts of blood per day, and she hasn't even see Orlando Bloom yet! Also, her eyes are now locked and loaded at their final destination, forward facing rather than to the sides. (Whew!)

My life:
I've already figured out that after baby arrives, there are going to be a lot of adjustments...and they're not all about me. My family, friends and older children will all be dealing as well. It's time to start prepping the older rug rats for what it truly means to be a big sister! I think I'll take Kayleah and Liora shopping to buy te baby a  "Welcome" gift!!!

Baby is about 4.6 inches long and weighs 3.5 ounces. Next time you ladies are applying your makeup, take a look-see at your mascara wand...that's the length of Baby this week! Thanks to the tiny bones forming in Baby's ears, she can hear my voice now. Guess it's time to start watching what I say!! ;) Baby's growing hair, eyelashes, and eyebrows. And, Baby is forming taste buds. Amniotic fluid anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment